4006 Bus. 287 J
Iowa Park, TX 76367
Pleasant Valley is on Farm Road 367 just west of Wichita Falls in east central Wichita County. Development of the community occurred in the late 1880s, when a one-room schoolhouse that also served as a church began operating. Pleasant Valley served as a school community well into the twentieth century. The First Baptist Church was organized in 1935. As nearby Wichita Falls expanded in the late 1950s and early 1960s, residents of Pleasant Valley decided to protect their town's separate identity and avoid annexation by incorporating. On January 11, 1962, Pleasant Valley incorporated, selecting a mayor-council form of city government to serve its 200 residents. By the mid-1970s the town had a population over 300. By 2000, the population was 408.
Pleasant Valley is also referred to as "The rural country club of Wichita County", in part because of the high demand for land and beautiful homes in Pleasant Valley estates and Horseshoe Bend estates.
Pleasant Valley is served by the Iowa Park Consolidated School District.
BIBLIOGRAPHY courtesy of: Louise Kelly, Wichita County Beginnings (Burnet, Texas: Eakin Press, 1982).
Copyright © 2020 City of Pleasant Valley, Texas - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder